2023-01-12 12:00 PM
In the context of the continuous improvement and development steps of air transport industry in the Republic of Yemen, a meeting was held on Wednesday, 11.09.2013 at CAMA Building, and the meeting was held between both the Directorate General of Air Transport and the IATA Office of (Saudi Arabia and Yemen), and during the meeting an agenda presented from IATA Office was discussed as mentioned below:-
1. Changes in shipping lines in the Empty Quarter, which may affect the operations in Yemen.
2. IATA report concerning safety issues.
3. The necessary procedures for certifying the Montreal Convention of 1999.
4. The collection of air navigation charges, landing and other fees.
The discussion also cover travel agencies dealing with the PSB system, and agencies that did not renew their licenses, a work mechanism has been agreed between the Commission and IATA office on stopping agencies offenses .
During the meeting parties agreed on the following points:
1. Submitting a list of agencies registered and non - registered to the IATA Office to take necessary action against non - renewed or non licensed agencies from CAMA.
2. The emphasis on the point of not providing any renewal to any agency unless it holds licenses to conduct businesses.